Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Killers of the flower moon

Need a book to read, went through Libby and found this one.  

I jumped through the beginning chapters, but when I got to the middle chapter, it became quite interesting.  I think the narrative was engaging and the way the crime was portrayed was in good pace.  

But what stands out for me is the the last chapters of the book.  It was devoted to let the reader understood that the crime described in the previous chapters was only a small tip of the the iceberg.  The group memories of The Osage Americans got a chance to be told is a good thing.  And being told in such a book, is eve better.  

It was a disgusting tale of human greed, a system failure, and true capitalism.  And it's also a time when the federal started to strength their grip on the states.  And from this Covid 19, the boundary between federal and the states are being defined again.  

I am looking forward to the movie.  I'm curious how the director would do to the source material.  I think the main crime itself was a sweeping tale.  But the main focus should be how the Osage Americans were treated by the USA governments, federal or state.  


No comments: