Saturday, May 09, 2020

Planning

I tried to plan 2 trips last year.  I learned a lot along the way.  Both plan involved taking trips, one to Philadelphia, the other to lake region at NH. 

I called a friend at Philly to ask if I could stay at hers for a night.  She told me when, then I looked up the map and thought I'm all done.  On the night before the trip, I called another friend, who's the brother of the Philly friend, curious about the tolls along the way.  He asked a few questions, which immediately hit me that there're still a lot I did not prepare for.  For example, the internet, since I do not have data, he offered me his hot spot.  Then he asked if I have express toll sensor thing.  I said I do, but he asked if I have enough in the them.  I was not sure.  So I had to go back and check. 

The other things are the spot I need to stop and rest, where to refuel...etc.  If I did not have hot spot, this would be something highly recommend to plan ahead.   My friend also asked if I had triple As, which I did.  I was going to pump my spare tires, but I did not do it.  I went to Mike to check the car which he said it's okay for the trip. 

My mom was cooking 牛肉餡餅, I brought my bike...etc.  Food is important!  I thought I could just get some food on the way, but I think it's good to bring food on the way. 

=================

I planned another trip to go to lake region at NH.  I went with 2 friends.  But sad thing was I started with a hike through Mt. Major.  I checked the road and thought, 3 miles, it's nothing.  For my 2 friends are avid walkers, I thought we could finished it within 2 hours, and then driving around the lake and hit some spots.  I was wrong.  Because a trail's distance does not translate into the terrain roughness.  There're certain spots with big rocks and boulders.  Not suitable for the 2 friends.  We spent 4 hours on the mountain.  Everyone was exhausted.  Don't understand why, manadnock was harder... 

Oh, well...  Next time, need to know more about the terrain, the height, the teammates, and something else... 

No comments: