Saturday, May 16, 2020

picturephile?

There's a word for audio lover, called audiophile, usually are people enthusiastic about audio reproduction.  But I usually think it's people who generally love music.  I wonder if there a word for the visual lover as well?  But no, I am not able to find it...

I wonder why, maybe it's kind of a hoarding situation.  But I love to look at pictures, just almost any pictures, photos, drawings, screen captures...etc.  It started in college, when I got a lot of times alone, I will just go through pictures for hours on end.  Yeah, sure, there were some nude pictures, but I just went back and took a look at what I collected, majority are not nudes.  Whatever peaked my interest, I'd like to "save the image" as.  Sports, pretty ladies, photography, drawings, paintings, concept arts, video game screen captures, historical pictures, animals...etc.

Even now, I know if I let myself go, I could still sit here for hours just to look at pictures from instagram.  Just by typing it makes my mind cleared now!?  I was having a headache!   Or maybe talking about some of my favorite things to do...  lol

The first huge collection of those electronic picture collection I ever saw was from Eric Lee, from high school.  He's a one of those computer wiz, so he must surf the net from early on.  Me, I was kind slow.  My sister was the one using computer in high school.  I remember I did not even get my first email until Nozomi showed me how.

When the smart phone was introduced, the pictures exploded.  Even now, the most obvious aspect of improvement for each iteration of new smart phones are the camera components of it.  I got my first smart phone very late though, not until 09/2016.  My sister and her husband got me an used LG flagship 2 or 3 years old.  It was amazing.  I could not contain myself to capture every moment and every little detail I found interesting.   From that moment on, I started to organize e-pictures like my sister used to organize her photo albums.  She has a stack of physical photo albums she used to collect after we immigrated to USA.  My mom and I never had a one for ourselves.  My mom used to be the one collecting photos back in Taiwan.  I love my sister's photo, but I never attempted to do anything about it.  I think I always had a longing to collect the album but never materialized the want.  I wonder why?

If I tried to collect photos, I don't think I will have enough photos to fill an album from these 20+ years in USA.  I looked at my sister's , the photos were collected into different events of her life.  I know I got nothing at all.  Not that I have zero photos, but very few and far between.  My sister is in action, I am MIA...  If I had a smart phone from the beginning, I think I will have more photos without events though...


No comments: