Friday, May 08, 2020

R of the SkWr afterthought - spoilers

Spoilers... 

I finished watching SW IX last night.  I think I like the 8th better.  This one is really just a mesh. 

The graphic and music maybe good, I don't think I noticed much about the music.  The cinematography was really good, but I thought it's a given, with the grand landscaping and everything. 

I am not a SW fan, I knew some of it.  I did not even watch the prequel trilogy.  So the first of the second trilogy was setting up to be a grand opening, but I did not feel too much.  I do not understand the reason of murdering a father for.  I was not taken by KR at all, I find him naive at best, stupid at worst.  Then there's RP, I am so annoyed at the end of the SW VII, because the movie kept hinting that her origin is something special, but never truly revealed it.  I guessed it would be a palp.  But still I cannot connect with her emotional state either.  When LS found out about DV being his father, his shock strikes me a genuine.  And when LS stroke down by emperor, then DV throw emperor off, I can feel something too.  But not there... 

the SW IX was however even more confusing.  I don't love the sword fight.  RP seemed way too powerful, if she could shoot electricity out of her hand, she's already stronger than KR.  if KR is not a threat, what's the point of this movie?? 

But most importantly, the movie took an easy way out to end the story.  I agree that with 9 movies, how to keep it fresh, yet not soapy? 

No comments: