Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Video games I feel I thought of first...

It is kind funny to see some recent games. I feel like they are reading my mind... For example, L. A. Noir. It is a game combined with exploration elements like GTA, along with Adventure game of puzzle solving. Then I saw another called testament of sherlocke... I don't fully know the game's structure yet, but the trailor I saw was a classic adventure game in third person perpective. You could run, walk, looking in detail of things and chat with people.

I still feel they are lacking though. But as time goes on, I believe some of my ideas would eventually happen.

What I thought of:

Third person perspective action adventure game.
Three different camera controls: 1) something like sacrifice; 2) something like Oni with soft lock; 3) something like Oni with option of hard lock.
Sacrifice camera control is for classic adventure game mainly, it should be good with magic game play, if any.
Oni with soft lock on camera control is for platfomer mainly.
Oni with hard lock on camera control is mainly for hard enemy, ie. boss. It also good for online competitive fighting as well.
The concept of right/left brain: Right brain means more AI control; Left brain means more player control.
A fighting engine that combined features from Bushido blade, Oni, Soul calibur, and blade of darkness, overgrowth, and mount and blade.
The fighting engine is combined with platformer.
Platform mechanic should be between prince of persia sot, assassin creed, and mario 64.
3 Characters to choose from.
Online fighting games and competitive platformer.
Magic maybe involved. If it did happen, it should be lethal with large area effect but slow with all the rituals and chantings.
Difficulty level should be come with option on different game options, like one shot kill, ie. Bushido blade; defense mechanics could be set to something like mount and blade or soul calibur, or something else.
Platform design is an opportunity where in a same stage, different characters would face different challenges.
IT IS A PC GAME WITH MOUSE AND KEYBOARD AS CORE CONTROL SCHEME!

No comments: