Saturday, January 01, 2022

服利蓋

I watched Freeguy last night  It was  a fun movie.  Lots of references to video games, it was hilarious.  It reminded me of Trumanshow at first, then ReadyPlayerOne.  TrumanShow because the main guy is being watched by the world.  RPO because it's about video game.  I still think it closer to TS more.  

RyanReynold fits the movie really nice.  I felt the story was basically created with him in mind.  The actress is really good.  Although she looks different between real world and video game, her personality does not change a bit.  I actually like that.  Because I think it made ending more believable.  She's always working towards a goal, thus did not see what's really surround her.  The ending was handled a bit heavy handed, for I don't think it's necessary to tell the audience reason again.  But because of her personality, it's good to tell her about who the real FreeGuy coming from.  The Keys guy was really a low key character, but it contrast well with Ryan's character,  I felt FreeGuy as a flip side of the Keys character once I found out it's him who created the world.  It's such a good contrast.  People who cannot express well but has the talent to create something, they sometimes created an ideal version of themselves.  

I think it's very good fun movie just to loose myself in there for 2 hours without feeling the time.  This movie may not seem too serious but it is really well made.  It's not easy to fuse two world together, they did a good job!  

No comments: