Monday, January 03, 2022

別往上看 觀後感

I watched this movie last night.  I knew the movie is about 2 scientists warning about a planet wide catastrophe and it's a political satire.  But besides that, I don't really know too much else.  Turns out, it's really well made, funny at places, very touching at the end.  It's really a satire at heart.  

There's not much to say about the movie, because the movie itself is a message.  If I am going to talk about how the movie was, I'll only say it's fun, finely acted, and skillfully directed.  It really is the message that gives me some thoughts.  Of course, the first thing I have to say is what is the message I saw in the movie.  

To me, the message is clear, trust science and act accordingly.  I read that the movie's message was intended for climateChange.  But as covid19 appeared, the message was even more apparent.   I have a few thoughts about the message.  First, I think trust science is necessary.  But most of the time, science is basically a due process.  It really takes time, and yet, for the covid19 vaccines, the due process is really hurried.  So, doubt is also proper, at least for a layman like me.  Second, due process is basically the foundation of Usan justice and political society.  It was never supposed to act like an army commander or a company boss, an order that will be executed flawlessly and timely.  To act according to science, like any other system for Usan society, it's long and slow.  The present situation of world is basically normal.  So, keep on fighting, and keep on voicing the message, and wait patiently with respect and hope.  

I am a pessimist though.   I don't think nothing will stops the climate change.  People are not going to stop consuming.  Business is not going to stop growing.  Technology and other wastes are not going to stop piling.   People are not going to stop growing.  I saw a BrianCox talk about how unlimited the outer space is.  But doesn't that belong to the Scifi world?  At least for a layman like me?  


No comments: