Sunday, January 09, 2022

最後的決鬥,不完全觀後感

 I browsed through the LastDuel last night.  Browsed, because I fast forward a lot of places.  The movie was really well made, but the subject matter was hard to see.   And plus it's 2 and half hours, I was a bit scared to watch the film.  


After browsing through,  I thought it's a pretty good movie.  But the narrative structure was wasteful.  Because it tried to present 3 different points of views, yet, the differences between them could not create a big difference of opinions.  Before I saw the film, I kept hearing 羅生門,so I was expecting something like it.  But after I browsed through the movie, I felt the focus on the style of narrative was a waste of time.  It actually reduced the importance of other, more important aspect of the movie, the rape and the view of women as property in the Medieval.  Although JodieComer was really good in the movie, she cannot overcome the overdrawn narratives.  I was expecting the fight scene and the setting to be fantastic, since it's RidleyScott's movie.  There's no surprise.  The good thing about the movie was that it did not exploid the rp scene too much.  I was very scared of watching something so grotesque, it's still very ugly but a bit subtle than others.  

It flopped badly in the theater, and I don't think it will pick up post cinemas, like a cult movie.  I felt the movie was a bit educational, rather than pure entertainment.  

No comments: