Wednesday, January 05, 2022

在細節裡, 觀後感

I watched a movie called the little things.  I thought it was a pure detective story at first.  But turns out, it's not.  Because the focus is not the crime, but mystery surrounds Denzel's character, Deacon.  It was quite interesting and grabbed my attention all they way.  Although I was hoping the move would focus on the crime more, I eventually turned around and think the ending was quite good.  

This movie reminded me a little bit of Seven for the dynamic of the old and young detective.  However, the characters here always has some weight around them.  I do not know why hence the mystery.  The presentation is more stylish by the way they used color and composition.  I felt Seven is more grounded, but it's been a while.    

I felt it's more of a mystery drama than a detective story.  The mystery started really early, Deke was the center of it.  The revelation at the end was very heart wrenching.  Because it was the old cop that drove the young to ruin, in a way.  My first thought after finishing the movie, was kind disgusted.  Of course, I understand the things they done.  It's survival.  But as a lawman, it's just very sad.  I really appreciated the movie after a while.  For some movies are to make you feel awesome, but some are not meant for that.  I think the movie is like a cold bucket of water pouring on to my head.  

The pride of the detective, or the group, could lead to something serious.  They wield a great weapon like the law, they themselves cannot abide to it.  When they were on the right side, their talk was strong, they expressed their opinion with conviction.  The next minute though when they flipped side, something changed.  Before they thought they were the things they wielded, but came to realization the law was the law, they were themselves.  Pride, yes, survival, more.   This is such a dangerous job.  

No comments: