Wednesday, January 26, 2022

你的,范谷 觀後感

 Just finished watching LovingVincent.  I borrowed from library years ago but did not get to it.  I went to a copycat of imaginevangogh at Dorchester and because of the show, my mom listened to 蔣勳的 VanGogh.  So I decided to borrow it again.  


I thought it was really good.  It's kind like a detective story, only the ending was ambivalent.  It is like a noir film, in which the ending was muddled.  It's true here as well.  The reason is being that in early 2000s there're 2 investigative writers, authored a new theory that Vincent's death was not suicide, but rather a homicide.  And this film used this point of view to create a mystery in the film.  It creates intrigue for me and helped me wanting to see what's next.  And I love the last letter in the final scene.  That sense of wonder, written in such down to earth tone.  The plot of the movie is very intriguing, but the writers of the film represents vincent vangogh's spirit really well.  They did not overshadow his personality with their plot twist.  This is really grand!  


The art in the movie is also worth the time.  I read a little bit after finishing the film.  The passion of that many artists working together, every stroke, every colors.  My!  What a cinema!  I wish I'd see it in the theater!  

No comments: