Sunday, January 10, 2016

two movies impression

I rewatched rocky last night.  I really liked it!  I think the theme was simple, the focus was very monotonous.   But it flashed out with substance and emotion.  Compare to Creed, I felt I can empathize with Rocky than Creed.  I felt I can understand Rocky and his people around him better. 

------------------------------------

Stardust

I remembered I watched it once.  But somehow, it was not impressive at the time.  I remembered that I had other things in my mind.  Or, I was doing something at the same time.  So I was not impressed. 

But man, oh, man, it's such a good fantasy movie.  Very classic story line, awesome chemistry between characters, and most importantly, there's humor, which did not take you out of the movies!  I felt I was taken out the movie by some of the humor in the Princess bride. 

I like Stardust!  The story was a boy trying to charm his first love by getting a falling meteorite.  But by crossing a wall by his village, he entered a magical realm, thus his adventure began.   The image captured here, landscape, daily life, I can feel the weight and wear, grandeur and color in almost every shot.  The characters are likable as well!  The magic in the movie felt realistic and fun. 

A truly great movie! 

No comments: