Sunday, January 03, 2016

JediAcademy impression

I just finished the game first time since I bought it long ago.  I think the game was really well designed.  In terms of combat, I did not like it though.  I had a hard time controlling the movements.  I cannot see which swing I used to kill my opponents!  But different kind of forces was fun to play. 

The platforming part of the game was alright.  It had some kind of design, but not whole lot.  The game designers used this mechanic for finding secret areas.  But there's no design for flow or rhythm in them.  I don't really like the jumping mechanics either.  It has a flowing through air feel to it.  But it was much better designed than Oni.  Oni has only flipping, but here, in Jedi Academy, you could do vertical wall run, in theory...  Because I still cannot control it, not sure if it's text sensitive.  JA have better level design, so you could really use force jump sometimes, unlike Oni...  All that sliding and flipping, were wasted. 

Overall, it's a more complete package, compared to Oni.  But the combat really bugs me.  It's too fast and flashy for my taste.  If I do more practice, maybe I could get a feel for it.  But  I don't really have incentive to do so though.  


No comments: