Sunday, December 12, 2010

Thoughts on Expendables

I watched expendables last night. I had a great time! As a no brainer action movie, it was awesome. All the casts were awesome, even Jet Li, although he was kind lame in there compared to others.

An action movie should be like this: a simple goal, actions has to have a real cause, emotions have to be felt. comedy is optional although I prefer it over something dark. I think the reason I liked the expendable is because, the interaction between the gangs were simple and humane enough; the plot line had good twist that caused the action to happen; the emotion was felt. All these above mentioned were not just means for eyes to catch something moving. The so called Action movie has to have some psychological impact, which caused our mind to agree with the action that was carried out.

There were some great scenes:

Fight between Steve Austin and Stallone, and how it was ended.
Randy Courture's fighting movement.
Terry Crews's big weapon and shaving knife.
Jason Statham is still Jason Satham.
Gunner Jensen.
Jet Li had some funny lines.
Air Plane assault.
"are you crazy?!"

It was just awesome! The only wish is to find a place for Jet Li. I felt that if the actor was not Jet Li, I would like nothing to improve. But It is Jet Li...

No comments: