Wednesday, March 20, 2019

To remember

I intend to remember.  But often I forgot.  Or, when the tide is high, and I cannot over ride it.   So I will try to write it down.  Just so that if I misbehaved, know this; My mom tried to teach me.  If I still failed, this is all on me. 

My mom said Laurie's comment in their congregation last night was interesting.  On Matthew 16:23, Jesus said to Peter, "Get behind me, Satan, you are a hindrance to me.  For you are thinking in terms of men, not in terms of God."  Laurie's comment said that although Jesus' words are very strong, but Peter did not lashed out and talked back. 

I understand the reason my mom mentioned it to me.  She find any chance to remind me, to control my temper.  I can imagine what would happen if Jesus said that to me...  Le sigh.  Satan was such a strong word to use it here.  And when I read a few paragraph before, Peter was proclaiming Jesus as the son of the living God! 

My mom further reminded me, don't act rashly when I don't understand what other people mean!  I had done that to her in the past.  I consider what she said was mean to slight me.  I hate being looked down upon.  And yet, I  acted to get that results. 

This a time of trying.  Be patient, learn to listen, and act according to love.  

No comments: