Monday, July 22, 2013

Sunday random event

I went to uncle's house to mow his lawn yesterday.  There was no need to do that yet.  Mao and Michelle came to the street to practice their staffs sequence and saw me.  Michelle invited me to their lunch at Dumpling house in Boston Chinatown.  I hesitated but said yes.  Michelle said, "you know you want the food, Jack..."  I wonder how did she know...  lol  But by inviting me, they need a bigger car, so Michelle went to borrow her mom's mini van. Alex came first, shoot a few videos with Mao and Michelle's staffs sequence.  Mao shot a sequence of Alex's as well.  Later, Alex's mom, Inga and brother, Nick came.  Then we were off to Boston.

I was surprised to see Caroline at the Dumpling house.  After we went in the restaurant, I was more surprised to find out that she's engaged, or married to Will, who's a senior or junior when I went to High School.  The restaurant was packed as usual.  Caroline's dad owned the restaurant, and he already ordered tons of food for us.  We, about 8 people, occupied two of the biggest table in the restaurant.  It was past 2pm, but there's still a line outside.   In the mid process of consuming our lunch, 4 other people, a dad brought his three sons, 5, 3, 2 yrs old, joined us.  Even with the new comers, it was a fat chance for us to finish all those food.  Eventually, we packed about 60-70% food to go.  Caroline paid the bill, she said it's a send off for Michelle. 

Though as full as we were, to the pastry shop we went next.  After that we said goodby to Caroline and her hubby.  Unbelievably, we went to the smoothy store next.  Then silky way, then some turtles on the street.  We went to Boston Common at the end.  Those three kids seemed to have a good time.  Alex, me, and Allen (three kids' dad), were playing a ball I packed in my bag.  Alex and Allen did some martial art spar too.  Mao and Michelle relaxed on the side with Nick and Inga.  We left at about 6, with a dark, thick cloud over us.  Then came the shower.  After a week of toasty weather, it was really a joy to have such a good weather, and ended with a blessed shower. 


No comments: