Saturday, February 04, 2012

playing CoH

I am trying to analyzing the way I played company of heroes. I found an interesting thing about how I play that game. Whenever I extended my territories to a certain point, I stopped push forward. I became very conservative. I felt fear. I could not decide what should I do next. What happened next was PC started to attack, I then became increasingly reactionary. Right now, I am trying to find a way to deploy vehicles earlier than AI on easy... And yet I found it impossible! Somehow, I lost my goal completely. When he AI started to attack, even it's on easy, I started to react to him hopelessly and completely.

It is true, I am still trying to figure out many things in the game. But I know it is the same for every RTS I played. I would started out ok, as the time goes on I slowly deteriorated into losing my aim or plan, then I would just react to the AI, eventually overwhelmed by it. It seemed that my focus was lost into a wonton.

On the other hand, I felt if I could only focus on either tactic battle or resource management, I would probably fare better, having more focused goal. When I was playing total war, the battle was always fun. I was more focused. I would still lose my part in taking initiative sometimes. But at least, I did not need to be confused about the other aspect of the game play.

Basically, I can see myself being a more conservative player from playing video games. I want to make sure that my ground is solid under my feet before I make another move. But as it turns out, AI's action bothered me so much. I feel I need to take care of the nuances right away. A few engineers from AI which tried to take my strategic point, I would throw off my plan and chase them around the map. Or I would divert my resources to protect my strategic point in any cost. I will need to micromanage better. I will need to find a way to conserve my military personnel. Because I could save my resource this way with benefit of gaining veterancy.

No comments: