Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Self study

It came to my attention.  Just how much do I know about myself?  I think the way I tramp on myself is only to tell other people when they scold at me, I can tell them, I already know those bad things about myself. 

--------------------------------------------------------------

I consider myself weak.  To the point that I can hardly be me, except when I was alone, maybe.  I am very prone to imitate.  There were once, I was alone with my 90+ grandpa.  I fixed lunch for both of us.  My grandpa sat across me, and I just watched him eat.  My grandpa ate his food with a unique manner at this age.  He would close his eyes and chew.  Something must have happened, because a few moments later, I found myself doing the exactly same facial expression as him!  When I realized it, I was in shock.  And I painfully hoped my grandpa did not notice! 

My reason for this to happen is that I am prone to be affected by my surroundings.  This happened when I need to answer questions right away.  Usually, my brain is a blank at that moment.  But if it's by writing, I might be able to express my thought more freely and readable as well. 

---------------------------------------------------------------

I've been wanting to write that paragraph for a long time.  The incident was very much true.  I felt I was completely following grandpa's facial movement very closely, and maybe in my mind, my face somehow looked just like his face... 

How should I looked at this?  Is it an excuse for myself to say that I am a failure right now, because I imitate other failures?  The whole grandpa face imitation is real though.  I think I just need to find out why...  I felt very low energy at that moment... 


No comments: