Saturday, September 01, 2012

I played basketball today.

I played basketball today.  I went to the court for about 40 minutes, then my neighbor, Nick brought his son and 3 other people to the court.  There were 2 people playing other than me, all of us decided to play 4 vs. 4, half court.  It was a good opportunity for me, I haven't had many chances to play team games.  We played two games, I performed poorly.  It's like I wasn't putting too much into games.  I played in a reserved mode, and for that, one of my team mates was not very happy.  :p 

In the mid of the second game, two other players came to the court.  One of them is Sean, I've played a few pickup games with him and few players, who were probably from Lawrence, this summer.  We decided to play a 5 on 5 full court.  I was pathetic.  I was out of breath quickly.  And once out of breath, I pretty much lost control of every other functions as well...  I could not catch balls, and I could not help out at either ends.  I resorted to defense at last.  The team mate, who was not happy with me, tried hard to pass ball to other people.  But I might judge it wrong, because, other people might present a better options.  :p  And the few times he passed the ball to me, I squandered those opportunities.  Le sigh... 

We lose the first full court game, then got them back in the second.  All because of the player who was not happy with me.   The second game was extremely close, he scored the last 2 key points.  Nick sealed the deal with a 3 pointer.  My mom appeared in the the end of the game, for she'd been waiting for me to go to dinner...  :p  When I saw her, I said, :p. oh, oh, I should had called... 

When we finally went to dinner at McDonald's, I kept telling my mom how bad I was...  I must be frustrated with myself...  I must also be excited about a team game.  I must also feel uncomfortable when people not passing the ball to me.  I kept myself smile and try to present a light-hearted atmosphere.  It's not all fake, when I see a great play, it always gives me a great joy.  However, I did feel frustrated and uncomfortable in the games.  Because, I had a feeling of great disconnect.  There were a few times, I got ball in my hand and had to make decision when and who to pass.  The ball would get stolen because of my sloppiness.  It also came from a indecisiveness.  The window of opportunity in sports is always slim and short lived.  When players' eyes meet, the window opened.  But once the other guy made a move, and I chickened, or thought too much, the window then closed instantly.  When the window opened, the connection of two players was already established.  The window closed, the connection lost.  That's when I felt disconnected, and the other guys frustrated. 

I am also very tired from running.  And it is very true that I lost breath quickly, and once that happened, I lost control and drive to step up the play.  There was even once that I cramped my left lower leg.  It always so happen that I lost breath quickly, and my liver hurts.   I would feel sore muscle after a prolonged event.  But  I somehow would regain control then, and breathing becomes more stable.  My pain in the liver area would ceased too.  Muscle would be really tire though, cramp would happen for example.  I felt that Yoga helped in the perspective that My lower back was not hurt.  But in terms of cardio, it did not help much. 

No comments: