Tuesday, September 04, 2012

favorite food

I was in a dream last night.  I sat at a table directly across a kid, who's sitting at another table with a lot of food in on it.  I smiled at the kid and said, "wow, you have a lot to eat!  You must be hungry!" 

The kid looked at him with a frown between his brows.  He said, "yeah, but i am wondering which dish should I start..."

I looked at his table and thought it was kind funny.  Some people have too much food, some don't.  The problems from the two groups cannot be equal.  And yet, I could see the kid really was troubled.

I suggested, "you don't mind me giving you some advice?"

The kid looked up from all the food and his thought, said, "no, not all, I will need all the Help I get."

"This is an old habit of mine," said I, "I usually started with the food I don't like, then I will eat my way up to my favorite dish."

"I thought of that."  the kid replied, "but the problem is that I have too many food.  If I did what you described, I think I will have a bellyful of food that I don't like, before I could have my favorite dish.  And plus, even if I still had space for my favorite food, they were cold and not as good as before."

I said, "oh, clever guy, that was what happened to me!"  I smiled.  "Then what about the other way around?"

"You mean, my favorite food first?"

"Yeah,, that way you could enjoy your favorite food fresh and hot.  After your favorite food, you can then decide whether or not you will eat the less ones."

The kid now had a valley between his brows.  He shook his head, "no, I can't do that...  I have to finish my food!  Or it would be a big waste!" 

"Wow, you have to?"  I asked.

"Yeah, that's the deal with my dad...  he's the chef here."

Wow, I thought o myself, poor kid...

"Hope you don't have to eat like this everyday..."

The kid suddenly lightened up, "hahaha, no, no, my dad did not force me to eat his food."

"Oh, then what happened?"

 "It is I who did not know what I really want and ordered everything from the menu...  Then my dad found out, and got mad at me..."

"Hahaha!"

"And the worst thing is not even that, because I don't even know which dish is my favorite dish...  I feel like I have a big appetite and could eat everything.  But I know it's a illusion now..."

I said good luck to the kid,

Then I woke up. 

No comments: