Saturday, May 21, 2011

Ashby's party

Ashby is a cat. His owner, aunt Hu Yin, invited her friends to join this party every year since the adoption.

Here are the replying emails from her friends:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Shu-shu and Ah-yi, Ge-ge and Jie-jie:

I am going to throw a party as a gesture of appreciation to my dearest mother for taking care of me for the past seven years. All Ashby fans and lovers are invited.

Date: 5 pm to 9 pm, Saturday, May 21
Place: Function room, 1st Fl., XX* St. , XX*

Please let me know what kind of foods you would like me to prepare. Or you can join me in catching our food in the condo basement...

Please RSVP.

Best regards,
Ashby


---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh my gosh, Ashby,

You are getting better and better in planning parties.



Thank you for inviting us to your party. We will be there. I will make the baby-back ribs.

I might also bring Nacho (not food, my cat) as well.



Take care!



Love

Antie XXca*

----------------------------------------------------------------------

@shby,

Sorry, I am pretty bad with cat talks - I rely on body language when I
think it works - but since this is an email hope you can understand my
English. If you have problem please let me know, I can try Chinese next
time.

But, thanks for the invitation!

We have marked the calendar and will go to the party. We will try to
bring something but are not sure what yet (fingers tapping...)

XXXh* Shu-shu

-----------------------------------------------------------

Dear Ashby,

Your XXg shu shu and Hxx Ay-yi would NOT miss this party by any chance. Your hairy friend is a different story. He bit his Dad two days ago badly and is grounded forever. I'll bring something, that's all I can now. Not sure what. Well, thank you very much to invite us. We're be there.

Hxx* Ay-hi.

------------------------------------------------------------


My Dear Ashby,

It has been a long cold year! But I still remember I was left out alone in CA, while you guys had a great time. It looked like you all enjoyed the party with a big cake and I could only look at the picuture of the cake on internet.

So, don't think about I'll miss this party again this year. Just to make sure you remember what you have done to me last year, I'll bring something but NOT cat food.

Your grouchy uncle XXX*

------------------------------------------------------------

Ashby,

Thanks you for your invitation. We have another commitment in the same evening and could not come to the party this time. Looking forward to seeing you again. I like the coffee your Mom made.


Best regards,

xxx's* family

------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Ashby,
Thank you so much for the invitation. We would love to come to your party but on early May, we were invited the same date by one of my students to her home for a dinner party from 4-6 and she has also give us the ticket for her dancing performance from 7-9 pm.
I know you all will have a great time and hope next time when we host a party in my house, you and your brother can joint us !

thank you again !
Mrs. Sxxx*

------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

We are looking forward to seeing you ( Ashby ) and all your mom's friends this Saturday.

YC and XXX

------------------------------------------------------------



*: not real names.

No comments: