Saturday, March 20, 2021

my two cats trying to see where it may lead

 The last paragraph of my story was as shown below:


"I did not know much cat before. I’ve always liked dogs. I never thought cat as pet for me. And to my knowledge, I know my sister was scared of cats. I am not sure about my mom, for she always claimed to be fearless of cats and dogs. Anyway, there’s no chance I’d be able to get cats or dogs. But when my aunt started to work in Tufts University, she acquired a friend, who owned two cats. They become really acquainted. My aunt was talking about a very small kitten one day. It’s a white kitten only 2 month old. Mrs. Ling’s daughter, volunteered in MSPCA, brought the kitten home for special care, for it’s too young to be adopted. My aunt was very bewitched by the kitten. And there’s another friend of my aunt, Mrs. Hu"

I shall continue here.  

The ones bewitched was not just my aunt, but also Mrs. Hu.  But Mrs. Hu saw another cat really big, like  the white kitten, it's ragdoll.  Her daughter said that adult white cat looked like a small sheep!  So they decided to adopt another cat, not as fluffy.  I heard their story of adopting their cat.  'tis the season for young kittens.  They went to MSPCA and found a cage of active young kittens.  They picked the one that was sitting back and watched the other kittens play.  They said it was probably easier to handle, others were too wild.  And they were right, it was playful and yet extremely gentle, one of most gentle I've ever met.  And it was very friendly to human, most friendly I've ever seen.  They named him Ashby, because Mrs. Hu's daughter like the sound "ash".  And it was grey with a white collar.  

Once the white kitten ended the foster period, my aunt swooped in to get the kitten.  The history for the kitten was a bit sad, also telling.  Because it was abandoned by its mother behind a barn which is sad.  But it's also telling, because usually a mom cat won't just abandon her kittens, there usually came with a reason.  And the reason is this kitten is easily riled up and would respond easily with bite and claws.  The cat would leave quite a few scars on my aunt and uncle throughout the year.  I've always think he is very lucky to be adopted by my aunt and uncle, who are very loving and tolerated towards him.  I was tasked to feed him a few times, I remember once, I was a bit late when I went to feed him.  He was waiting for him eagerly.  But when he saw me went to kitchen sink to wash my hands first instead going to the food bowl first, he hugged my right leg with both of his claws and sunk his teeth.  My fault though, I was late.  He has no bad intention though.  He liked to play some but only to a point.  Pass that point, he would rile up.  Now he's the only cat left alive.  I really hope he can live longer life.  

When Mark heard Bao Bao was gone, he was shocked.  I understand the emotion.  Cat, especially indoor cat can usually go to their 20s nowadays.  Dong Dong was only 6, Bao Bao only 16.  When Dong Dong passed away, I could not keep my tear in.  I was crying when my mom and I had a coffee once.  I wanted to not let it show again.  But all I wanted was to  cry and cry.  I was doing some light yard work today.  I could not help but squatted by Bao Bao's site and calling out his name.  I know how ridiculous this sounds.  I just missed him terribly.  Very terribly.  

Bao Bao is such a nice cat.  

No comments: