Saturday, June 13, 2020

Random

Mei said her sister has some clothes for my mom.  So I went and got it today.  

It was quite empty compared to the last time I went to Boston, maybe last year?  Mei kept telling me there're more people today since Covid-19 broke out.   And most of the stores were still closed, many of them boarded.  Those are for the protesters though.  There were temporary signs forbidding parking at meters for special events, which I guess are protests.   The whole thing felt kind eerie.  

I went to a Chinese market, it still filled with people though.  And the places are so small and narrow, there's no room for "social distancing".  Then I drove Mei to brookline.  It was quite pretty, so I got off the car to take a walk.  There are so many brick houses, and everywhere I see interesting landscapes.  Not every house are designed, but most are.  So as long as you keep the house relatively quaint, it will be just fine.  The place I live was already quite pretty, but brookline really breathes with age, which brought something entirely different.  

I am not jealous though.  Just thinking about the upkeep makes my head ache.  lol  

The clothes were quite small for Mom, but she will keep some.  Mei asked me if I want to go in to see her sister.  I said no.  Mom thinks I should, at least to see how petite her sister is.  Mom cannot imagine such a petite lady.  

I saw Balitmore Oriole while walking around the Brookline neighborhood.  Its coat was shining with orange and black stripes.  I think it is Baltimore Oriole...  

----------------------

My sister went to Connecticut.  She told me that one of her brothers there past away.  Sadly I did not have much memory of that brother.  But my sister was quite emotional, said that brother really reminded her of our father.  That brother also came to Boston Chinese meeting every month when the Chinese group first started in 1990s.  Mom was shocked when she got the news as well.  


No comments: