Monday, September 07, 2015

a few movies

water diviner:

russell crowe's director debut.  it's a pretty solid film.  The story is about an Australian father trying to find his three sons after his wife drowned herself.  He traveled to the unknown land of Turkey since his sons were reported killed on battlefield of WW1. 

The story to me was nothing too special.  What's interesting though was a little poke of Turkey's history, it's people, and it's art from the movie.  I don't remember I've seen these from the other movies.  Since the story was nothing too special, it's characters however, was interesting enough to connect with the audience.  Interesting is a tad too light, I'd say that they were in their own way that likeable. 

-------------------------------

chappie:

It's the third movie I saw from this director.  He's holding on to his root tightly.  I think it's a good things really. 

The storyline wasn't too surprising really, until the end.  I think the direction of the ending was innovative.  Considering director's previous effort, I should not be too surprised at the ending, but I was.  Just by looking at hj's face on the cover, I'd never guessed he's a bad guy here.  But it's a good change, I guess.  He did a decent job.  The focus of the film was of course, Chappie.  The growing curve of chappie did grasp my attention and sympathy, especially when he realized the mortality of his own life. 

------------------------------------


No comments: