Thursday, April 04, 2013

losing cat

When I got home from work yesterday, mom told me to call aunt, who said to call her.  I went to phone and saw 2 new messages, which were both from aunt.  One message was saying her cat was gone missing and needed help.  The other one was saying call her on her cell phone, because she's outside looking for the cat. 

I called and found out that she was back in the house, but cat was still gone missing.  I went over with my mom immediately.  She sounded very urgent on her messages, and she sounded dreaded on the phone.  I am very familiar with the feeling, because I was used to go all over the neighborhood and call out my cats names. 

My uncle's is very dusty these days, they are doing some renovations.  Aunt said that they stepped out and came back at noon.  They could not find the cat anywhere then, so they assumed that the cat fled to the outdoor, because the loud noise from the renovations.  They usually locked the cat in a room but forgot to do so in the morning.  When we arrived, she immediately put the coat on.  Yes, she did go around the yard and street a few times, but she was eager to do it again.  While she was patrolling her back yard, I told her I would look at the indoor again.  Just to make sure the cat really went out.  I went upstairs, basement, and garage.  No, there's no sign of it.  But yet again, he's in the hiding, there's no way to find him in the heap of rubble.  I went outside to join aunt.  Mom stayed inside, she forgot to bring a hat, the early spring twilight was freezing. 

We went around the yard, a dog from neighborhood was chasing us along the border with his dance and barking.  I found my cats on the tree before so I asked, but aunt said unlikely.  I was holding the cat's food bucket, shook it every few steps.  Aunt was talking about to think like a cat.  Can't think like a human, or otherwise, we could just look at the paved, dark asphalt road.  There was a breakage on the back fence, yes, the cat might flee from the place.  Aunt and I called out the cat's nickname, guai!  Guai!, Guai!  There's no reaction.  Then we decided to go the street behind their house.  We called out the cat's name along the pavement whilst shaking the food bucket.  It was kind weird to hear aunt call out her cat's name on the street.  My sister was looking at me bizarre as I was doing it a few times before.  Aunt talked to neighbors, one was next door, she just got home.  Another one was selling her house so she won't be around often.  There's a father, who was playing hockey with his son, allowed us to look for the cat in his back yard.  We called and called, but without any results.  Aunt kept saying her cat was easy to spot, a white, long hair, big cat and there's not many places to hide...  I said, nah, there are lots of places to hide, if he's trying to...

We went back home, I was hoping to the cat eating at the front door, aunt put some water and food there.  But no.  She decided to put a cardboard box besides the food and water, in case the cat got back so he could have a place to stay overnight.  We went over the yard again, and aunt decided to look for the cat in another street.  When we went back to the house to get the food bucket, my mom was yelling out.  The cat ran through the garage door to the kitchen.  The cat looked startled, and immediately went up the stairs.  Aunt was giddy.  In fact we were all happy.  Mom was asking if aunt wanted to come over to have dinner with us.  But she said she needed to spent some time with the cat.  Yeah, I understood the feeling.  The overwhelming happiness was unspeakable, it filled the chest and the mouth.  It was so strong, it might rattles the hands and bodies a little as well! 

No comments: