Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Movie afterthoughts

I watched Lincoln Lawyer tonight. It was quite good. I really got into it. One aspect of the movie interested me a bit. It was the deal concept in the USAn justice system. I heard a lot of word, Deal in all of the USAn court movies and TV. The protagonist was apparently making a lot of deal with justice apartment. You can see half through that the protagonist was upset of making a deal for he could not really believe anyone could be innocent. I remember another guy in movies who did that. It was tom cruise's character in a few good men.

I think this deal concept was a way to save some people's lives. And it was so popular in USAn movies was because it's good for plot twists. I always wondered what the percentage of deal making in USAn justice system? The movies portrayed many lawyers, who loved making deal, as a lazy bunch. But considering that these lawyers have to the mountain created from police and justice apartment, I pity them somehow. But it was a good place to make a movie. This lincoln lawyer movie did the same thing. You introduce a lawyer who made a bad deal, or maybe all deals, like a few good men, then he found his deal making behavior was wrong. Then he somehow reversed the act... But this movie did more, the lawyer in the movie even took vengeance.

I don't like this Deal making concept. I think it was born out of this USAn justice system. I've always thought that justice is to find out the truth, and this Deal making concept in a sense prevented that to happen. But considering the complicated law system, expensive process, overcrowded schedule, lack of fund, personale, and the other reality. The justtice system cannot function without this concept. Although I still feel it is like some kind of business of merchants. That's somewhat disheartening. Of course, if I am at the end of a good bargain, I guess I would be happy...

No comments: