Thursday, June 27, 2024

Thoughts about song and music

 I heard a song couple days ago, I really liked it.  But for some reason, I said to myself, it's not a song though there's singing and lyrics.  This is a piece of music even the singing is it's back ground music, almost the same as guitar, drum or other instrument.  

I keep listening to the song these days, and keep thinking about that thought.  My reasoning is that if you turned off the singing, I'd be happy with just the instrument part.  I think lyrics does helped emphasizing certain point of the music, but not necessary.  That's why I think the singing became secondary.  And plus I thought if you pull the instrument, can they still sing?  Maybe they can, but I think it will create a huge hole.  


Of course, an artist will make it  work though.   This thought does not really define the song.  But shows what I know about music which is not a lot.  lol  

No comments: