Monday, June 03, 2024

連續輸球

 I keep losing in TableTennis recently.  There are of course technical side of it.  But I really think a lot have to do with mental and physical deterioration.  I played 3 rounds today.  By the third round, my service errors caused 5 points.   I feel I was out of breath and a bit light headed too.  My opponent was a 65+ old gentleman.  For the mental part, I feel like I rushed in many places.  Felt in hurry and a bit winded.  I know I still enjoy the game, but there are places in my heart that I just wish the ball won't come back no more...  Which is a sad thought really.  Because only when the ball came back, the game will continue.  

I view tabletennis a game to outsmart the opponents.  But when the other side is slightly better in skill, tougher in mental, and stronger physically.  Then there's out smart to say.  Now there's only out last.  I think my opponents started to use chop as a safety net.  It is very effective, with a mixed of forehand attack.  The best way now really is to expect the ball always going to come back, always prepare for the next movements.  This is more mental I think.  For if I consider outsmarting an opponent is to put the ball in a location he can not reach.  But he actually returned most of my returns.  Then I will get upset.  One thing I fell FZD's problem is a lot of time, he just did not expect the ball to return.  

For physical side of things, I feel my cardio hits a wall, and for some reason, I lacked a snappy movements.  I played very little tennis, and it's the same problem with the swing.  I feel like I need to accelerate only right before I hit the ball, or serve the ball.  But for some reason, I lacked that explosiveness.  But it's been missing for a while now.  


Sigh...

No comments: