Friday, August 04, 2023

TheMaid afterthought

 I don't like the book.  The book is a breeze to read, I finished it quickly enough.  I have some chuckles at the beginning when the protagonist is being introduced.  But the first person narrative quickly became repetitive and mind numbing, until some other characters were introduced, and their action starts to drive the story forward.  

But everything moved in a brisk pace, which is a good thing.  I feel the protagonist does not give me an authentic person, especially when the plot twist in the ending.  And there's a lot of cliché in the story.  Cliche is fine, as long as the characters and plots are interesting enough.  But not here.  

And the ending... Oh my...  The lazy ending.  I am not sure what the author's purpose for the ending?  Not a very good book.  Just waste a few days reading this book.  That feeling mostly came from the ending.  The subpar plot and characters were okay, kind expect for a book like this.  But the feeling of waste make this book worthless.  

No comments: