Friday, August 04, 2023

EndeavourFirst season Afterthought

 I was surprised  by the duration of each episode, each one is like a movie.  It's atmosphere heavy, character driven.  The plots in the first two episodes were okay.  I think they are deep enough and layered reasonably.  But the plots in the last 2 was very lazy, I feel the twist was forced, artificial even.  The last 2 episodes seemed to be trying to introduce audiences who the characters are, what's their backgrounds...etc.  It's okay for me.  I will try season 2, hopefully the quality of mystery would go back up a bit.  I would rather the episode focused on mystery sprinkled little bits of characters and background.  But I feel the series would be in reverse.  


The character of Fred Thursday actually reminded me of Armand Gamache in Three Pines series.   

No comments: