Wednesday, March 30, 2022

石頭和鐵匠

WS slapped CR on Oscars.  That was the news these days.  But what is the best movie?  Who knows.  Probably only 10 people watched it.   These days, movie awards meant less and less.  

But what's interesting was how WS slapping CR was discussed on undisputet.  SB and SS, SS criticized hard on WS, but SB took the exact opposite stand.  This reminded me of a funny skid by a pair of legendary Chinese xiang sheng actors from Taiwan.  

In the skid, they were discussing how to stop a couple fighting by neighbors.  
One said, well, it depends.  
The other one said, depends on what? 
One said, it depends on the genders of the neighbors.  
The other one asked, how do genders make the difference?  
One said, well, if the neighbor was a guy, he should stand up for the husband.  If the neighbor is a gal, then vice versa.  
The other one said, how does it play out?  
One said, well, for example, if the neighbor is Mr. Wang, when he heard the fight, he came down stairs.  After he heard the argument from both sides, he stand up for the husband.  Then he would invite the husband away, in order  to give space to both the husband and wife.  
The other one said, ok, it's sound reasonable.  But I don't see why Mr. Wang can't side with the wife.  
One said, well, for example, if Mr. Wang stand up with the wife, and said, let's go get a coffee, forget about your husband!  How does that sound like?  
The other ones said, Oh, I see...  

I think the example is kind weird now that I am writing it.  I don't think it related well for the incident.  I guess not every thing happened in my mind does not draw reasonable comparison, even though it was at first.  

I do give my hat to CR.  I don't really listen to many of the standup comedians.  I always feel many of the jokes are too graphic and personal.  But CR's reaction and action post awards is first class personified.    My respect.  

No comments: