Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Thoughts from yesterday

 I watched an Italian movie last night.  It was really good.  The  script is clever, the actors are splendid.  It's called Perfetti Sconosciuti, "Perfect Strangers".  But I did not understand the ending so I had to look it up.  I used to think I understand most of stuff I saw, now I can see something I don't know.  

The movie is about a group of old friends getting together at dinner.  They played a dare game of sharing all the calls, messages, and pictures that night.  The setting is only in that apartment, but the director mixed both tension and comedy through out.  It grabbed my attention all the way through.  I do feel a bit contrived about most of their issues.  But the excellent acting and direction kind diminished it a little.  

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

"To a curious child's reasonable question 'What are owls for?' the easiest answer is that they are something like cats that  can fly, which enables them to share the cat's work at night"

(from the Book: The owl who liked sitting on Caesar by Martin Windrow)


-----------------------------------------------------------------------




No comments: