Wednesday, February 03, 2021

小龍蝦歌唱的地方 觀後感

 Where the crawdads sing afterthought


I will not say anything about the plot, because I knew the plot before reading the book and I think it weakened the impact for me.  

I thought it is very good at describing nature, how nature enrich people's life.  I liked the way it jumped from different times of the protagonist's life.  This way of writing kept me engaged.  There were detective element and court room drama, which I read some reviews saying it was weak, I tend to agree.  But they were interwoven into a nicely paced rhythm.  I thought it was nice.  

I thought it was a heart warming story.  These people helped the protagonist with compassion in a way not intrusive at all.  The people in town however were merely decorative.  

I thought the poems in the story were kind weak.  The romantic love plotlines were a bit weak as well.  The best story line were between Tate and his father, the description of them together was fascinating to me, as well as Jumpin' and the protagonist.  

I already know the ending before reading the story, and because of this, I tried to see if I could find the clues during reading.  But I could not, except 1 clue.   

I felt the languages used in the book was quite poetic, saved from poems used by the protagonist, I thought those were weak, except the last one.  I felt the ending was a bit rushed because it was concluded in a summary style.  Of course, knowing it before hand was a mistake...  

I was reading how LouisePenny created the character of detectiveGamache.  She said she created a male character with all the traits she admired.  I felt the author for this book did the same thing too. 


The only poem I thought was good written by the protagonist:

The firefly

Luring him was as 
easy
as flashing 
valentines.
But like a lady 
firefly 
They hid a secret
call to die. 

A final touch,
Unfinished; 
The last step, a trap.
Down, down he 
falls,
His eyes still holding
mine 
Until they see 
another world.

I saw them change. 
First a question,
Then an answer,
Finally an end.  

And love itself
passing
To whatever it was 
before it began.




No comments: