Sunday, January 19, 2020

Quick notes and afterthought

It's a scene where Frankenstein went up to the Alps. 

All the way to the top.  The description of the despair, the loneliness.  Also the description of exultation after the ascending. 

It felt very familiar. 

---------------------------------------------

I was watching Ad Astra. 

Ad- is a prefix from Latin, it meant Towards, indicates a direction to space or time. 

Astra is Star from both Latin astrum and Greek astron. 

Ad Astra meant "to the stars" in Latin.

How should I describe the movie?  Quiet comes to mind.  Don't know why.  Maybe because it's a movie about deep space. I'd say because it's a movie about loneliness.  The main character is extremely alone.  He even said himself he is looking at himself from outside.  Of course, there's reason behind it.  So basically, the movie is a personal journey for the main character. 

I like the last few lines of the movie.  Those lines read:

"I am focused on the essential to the exclusions of all else"
"I'm unsure of future, but I'm not concerned."
"I'll rely on those closest to me."
"And I will share their burdens."
"As they share mine."
"I'll live and love"

The movie is big a visual image.  The story is quite simple.  It is lucky to have Brad Pitt, who's very good in acting and charismatic at the same time.  It's a pretty relaxing movie to watch. 


No comments: