Thursday, January 25, 2018

I quit, 1

On 1/17/2018, I quit my job at Mascon.  I am, and so are the people around me, still experiencing heavy fallout after a week.  The scenario of that day will be described as follows:

------------       --------------     --------------    ------------------   ---------------

It was a Wednesday.  The workload was supposed to be light.  Vic did not come, I was told by Anne, due to health issue.  Jose called at around 7am, asking if I  could handle it, because he had dentist appointment and had to leave before 11am.  I said okay.

In the previous day, we had a shipment came in.  There contained many hot parts, need to be shipped  right out.  So I pulled the necessary amount out to satisfy the orders.  Because of this, our first priority on Wednesday should be receiving the shipment, so Logistic could finish receiving, and Mae can invoice the sales.  We had 30 warranty scopes to ship as well.  This would be 2rd priority, should be enough to fulfill a day's work without exhaustion.  That's how I started with my day, I planned out before I stepped in the Warehouse.

I vaguely remembered we started to work on receiving shipment at around 830am.  By 930am, the receiving was more than half way done, 2 more pallets to separate and repalletize.  Looking at the situation, Jose said to me, "Jack, you can go and do something else.  Let me finish it, I will take my time with it."  I looked at the clock and what's left, I agreed.  By 10, I went to my usual break, ping pong with Harry and Ian.  Walking pass by IQC, where Jose was working, he was not there.  I assumed he was taking a break as well.  After ping pong, I started another task, doing the second inventory count for last week.  This should be a quick process if the equipment was working properly.  But the computer broke down, even when fully charged.  At that time, 1030, Jose came over and told me that he needed to leave for the dentist appointment.  I asked him if the receiving was done.  He said, "Yes, but there are still 1 or 2 parts that need to do.  But that's it, if anything, we could just receive it on the computer now."  Then he left.

Since my computer was restarting, I went and checked the receiving.  By golly, it was not done at all!  The last two pallets were spreadout on the floor!  What did he do?  Mae already came in twice to ask about the receive.  I estimated that with 2 more helps, this could be done in 10 minutes though.  So I went and asked 2 managers, Lawrence and Daniel to help out.  They said alright, just wait 10 minutes.  Okay.  I went back and saw the things spread out on the floor.  There was something inside of me exploded, I really went into berserk mode, started kicking and throwing boxes.  Jo's cubic was right besides IQC, she must have heard the commotion and came to take a look.  She immediately tried to calm me down, but I answered  back in rude and explicit language.  She tried to tell me to walk it off, but I responded with kicking boxes.  So she left, after she left, however, I thought to myself, I needed to walk it off.  I went out in the back  and walked around the building once.  Then I saw Lawrence peeking out the back door.

Lawrence and Daniel were both there.  I stepped in Warehouse and proceed to IQC, with them following me.  I told them what happened while I started working.  Lawrence kept saying, "let's talk, Jack.",  but I kept refusing.  I wanted to finish the work, I said, with 3 of us, we could finished this in 10 minutes.  Daniel concurred with me and asked what should he do here?  (Daniel is new to the company).  But with Lawrence's insist, he and I went to computer desk in Warehouse at Bay 1.  He asked what happened, as I described what happened, he jotted down a few lines on his notepad.  Then he raised his head and said, "Jack, you know I will fight for you, but John might fire you."  He said with such air like this is trivial.  There was second explosion in my chest, I immediately went blind.  I said, "that's okay, if John wanted to fire me, I quit."  I took my stuff, said goodbye to Harry, Ian, and Tom, and stormed out of there.  Alex was playing with Kevin, our new operation director, just came in the day before.  Alex followed me all the way to the parking lot, but I was already too mad, I threw my lunch on the ground.  He picked up my hat and said, "Jack, your hat fell."  I took it and left.

However, I turned back half way.  There were more stuff I need to take home.  When I went back, Lawrence and George came in the warehouse to watch me.  I somehow still want to finish the work.  I went back and put everything on the pallet.  Before I could complete though, John  came in.  And asked me to his office.  I went, and Alex was there.  He said he had 2 options for me.  I immediately told him, no, you don't.  I want my paycheck for the workday.  And I quit.  He said let's remain in a friendly term...blah, blah, blah.  Then I went back to IQC trying to complete whatever was left, but John followed me and said this is non of your business now.  So I collected everything I could think of and left.


No comments: