Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Thoughts on Movies

I just saw Wonder woman, War of the planet Apes, and Big Sick, and blade runner director's cut on DVD.

I also saw blade runner 2 and Thor: Ragnarok in theaters with George a couple months ago.

The one I truly liked was Big Sick.  The movie is a small time romantic and personal growth movie, set in real world.   The movie did not shy away from conflict, which is the reason I think it's great.  The subject includes tradition, religion, romance, etc...  The subjects are quite close to my heart.

----------------------

Wonder Woman was not a bad movie.  Some of the dialogues are quite endearing.  I like Chris and Gal's chemistry.  Chris is really a very talented actor, and Gal's more than enough to carry the character.  I kept watching it to the end.  For I wonder what's next?  But when I really get into the end, I was a bit let down.  The final show down was impressive.  But the message of the movie from that showdown was pathetic.

----------------------

War of the planet apes.  was fun to watch.  But the leadership cliche started to get annoy me.  

--------------------

Thor Ragnarok has some amazing fighting scenes.  Some dialogue maybe funny, but most of it is starting to feel like an inside joke.  

--------------------




No comments: