Saturday, August 27, 2016

Monadnock mount.

I went to Monadnock mountain with my sister, PQ, two of their brothers, and two of my colleagues.  My sister haven't slept well for the past week or so, but she insisted on going with us. 

We were a bit late when we get there.   All our companies were there already.  My colleagues were Harry, the latest engineer in the company, and Chi-Yang Chang(CY, aka, Eon), CJ's brother.  My sister and her husband's brothers were Gerry and Chong, both artists. 

These were two distinctive groups,  one was young, includes Harry and CY.  The other were a bit seasoned.  From the very start, H and CY already separated from the group, they went ahead.  On the quarter way up, my sister had cramp, quite severely, I'd say.  She still insisted on going up.  A little bit way up, I suddenly had a feeling that my sister and PQ wanted to come, of course.  But not as badly as I wanted for these past 2 months.  I made arrangement with CJ once, but  I eventually did not tell her.  This can't happen with just her and I...  I made the trip half way through one day alone, but my car broke down.  I really want to come by myself for once.  I decided to go up fast and come down fast as well, so that my sister would probably give up on getting to the top. 

I chased after H and CY, without telling the 4 people below.  I went as fast as I could.  And I eventually found them on a big rock, snacking.  They were young, H was even playing Pokemon Go along the way.  CY seemed a bit tired, but still very much capable.  His right knee bothered him quite a little.  But his spirit remain high and strong, very much like his sister's temperament.  Very good.  These two youngsters never experience these sort of hiking.  CY was texting me asking could he cook noodle on the top of the mountain...  Hehehe.  He made a rice roll himself in the end.  Both ideas were probably from the manga series, (山與食欲與我)...  Hehehe.   H was smart, he froze some yogurt overnight, and bag them with some fruits!  Clever fellow. 

We brave ourselves to the top, the sun was pouring down on us, albeit a little bit windy.  There were gnats, swarming the top!  We quickly get off the top and find a nice place with a little pool and nice grassy land by the big rocks.  Had our lunch, then I got a message, My sister and her group were about half way up, but decided to head down.  So we quickly demolished our lunch and did a quick rest, and head down as well.  CY's knee was not so good on the way down.  But he was running, jumping, moving quickly.  H moved steadily, often at his own pace, carefully.  CY eventually used my stick a little bit.  His knee could hardly bent.  But what a guy, no complaint, and kept on going with brisk pace. 

I guess I learned more about people in this trip than the past 30 days when I worked with these two.  For example, we walked past a mother with a young kid, who was having a nose bleed.  I noticed his discomfort and asked about it.  Harry immediately gave some suggestion about tilting the head back a little, to help the clogging process.  He talked in detail, like he had experience before.  That's something new.  CY was very tired, but still remain playful and high spirited.  He often walked as the lead of all three. 

When we got down, my sister and PQ were surprised to see us coming down so quickly.  Later, we found out that it's Chong who's exhausted.  And he and Gerry left early.  We chat a little bit, and we even interacted with one group of people they were just preparing to ascending the mountain.  They helped us to take a group photo.  It was a great feeling to have strangers laughing and helping each other out.  Gave me some kind of kindred spirit.  But it's also because it was with my sister and PQ.  They talked from their heart, they were not afraid to let laughter and chat affect the people around us.  People in return, must felt the same way too, happy and open. 

We tried to go to PQ's gyro place in nashua, NH.  They lost the lease, so they closed down.  Then my colleagues and us went to 老四川.  After that, I even played a little tennis with PQ in Malden, since he was not that tired. 

Side note, My uncle had difficulty walking, my mom now needed to watch my grandpa two nights now...  I am not pissed at uncle, but the circumstance is really taxing to my mom.  I will try to convince my mom to let me watch grandpa overnight...  I am guess grandpa really don't like me...  le sigh. 

No comments: