Tuesday, August 16, 2016

loose package

We got a package back from customer.  The label on the box showed it was refused by Alex, maybe he's customer's engineer.  Vic saw the package and immediately said to me, the package needed to be packed correctly.  If it's with trays, you will need to put a cardboard on the top tray, so it won't be all over the place while shipping. 

I felt unease and checked the paperwork.  It was from July 29 2016.  Signed and dated by Vic.  Somehow he sounded like I did it...  I did not say anything but concede to him about packing boxes securely.  Maybe he did not mean to accuse me of wrong shipping.  Maybe he just parted his wisdom to me, the little grasshopper.  Or maybe he just said it out loud to reminded himself again.  Anyway,  I felt slight disgust.  Because I know I tried to packing everything as tightly as possible.  I don't want to take the blame for what I did not do. 

Two things here.  One is that I did not react to his lecture.  Why?  Because I was afraid of him?  No,  but I really did not know how to put a words in here since I found out it's him who shipped the package.  Second is I did not want to take the blame.  Really did not want to! 

Vic and I needed to count the pieces, we put every thing back from box to trays.  Then Vic put them in the box and I put them to the corresponded area.  Later, CJ came and showed me the trays.  Wow, that was an eye opener.  Vic taped and put a cover on tops of the tray, he made it so pretty!  Almost like a Japanese gift!  CJ wanted to know if this came in this condition.  I said, No.  It was with pieces loose in the box.  And I told her we did not know the reason why this is returned.  She left without saying much.  But that was really an eye-opener.

I think Vic knows what happened when he saw the package.  Otherwise, he won't spend that much effort on it.  He lectured me, is just a way to shift focus from him to me.  It's not the first time this happened.   It won't be the last.  There's something to be learned here though. 

---------------------------

Never seen Sofia so excited about a job.  She told me she's looking.  And today she's talking about a job interview by phone.  She's a smart and ambitious women.  Great work ethic and everything else.  If she really left before I did, I'd greatly miss her!!! 


No comments: