Saturday, July 30, 2011

Ridley Scott

Something just came to my mind. When I watched the Gladiator the first time, I hated it. I remembered I watched it at Michael Lee's apartment. Yes, I remembered the reason for hating it at the time now. It was because of that damn ending...

The ending was a political statement that sent me from the movie back to the future! But I could look pass the ending of Gladiator for the whole thing was jut wonderful. I watched another Ridley Scott's film, Black Hawk Down because of the Gladiator. I loved it. There's no such political statement pinched me back to the future.

I was excited over Kingdom of Heaven. Then I got hit again. There was obvious modern political statement. But the movie as a whole was still quite good. Most of the characters appeared in the movie were incredible. Then, behold, it came the Robin Hood. The movie was a mess. Bad story, bad characters. Both of these enhanced the worst thrust of modern political statement in Robin Hood. The gladiator was clunky in the implementation, but it was retard in Robin Hood.

It is a huge offense to put modern political statement so blatantly in movies, or any other media entertainment! It is incredibly disheartening to watch. I do not have problem with Braveheart when Wallace yelled out FREEEDOM. The reason is yet to be found out within me.

No comments: