Monday, May 27, 2024

Books afterthorught

 I just watched 3 books in quick succession, all by the same author, AllenEskens.  The writing is really what attracts me to it.  It's been a while now that I found some author's sentence structure is much easier for me to read.  The chapters of the books is short, which makes the rhythm of the whole story quicker than usual.  I find it interesting that people called it character driven mystery.  I feel character driven is a very good description.  But I feel it more of a thriller, especially the third book in the series.  


The three books are:

The life we bury

The shadow we hide

The  stolen hours

These were called JoeTalbert series.  But the third book's main character is LilaNash, who is JT's girl friend.  

What so remarkable is that I finished these 3 books in 3 weeks.  Hard to put it down.  After I finished the books, I even searched online to read reviews and trying to find TY videos.  I was surprised to find very few YT videos about these books.   I watched some of them, and the author showed interest in character building and it showed in the books.  The character in those books are very memorable.  You can feel the depth of each characters, like they all really come from somewhere.  Nothing shines mroe than with those 2 conversations with different mothers in those 3 books, and each was crafted with intricacy.  If there's a fourth book, I'd love to see more of the relationship between Joe and Lila, and I really wish to see love between them.  

The mystery part of the series was good enough to pull me into the story as well.  I think it's interesting enough to keep me guessing.  I rarely guess it correctly in those kind of story though.  I think I am very willing to try his other series.  It's just the style of writing is easy to pull me in.  But maybe I will wait a little bit.  


No comments: