Tuesday, May 16, 2023

The trees and plants I saw today

 I don't know their names.  

There's a bush by the road between me and my neighbor.  It is blooming crazy.  I think it was the day before yesterday, I noticed there're tons of bees flying around the bush, honey bees, bumble bees and other bees and flies.  

But when I stepped out after dinner, around 630pm today, the bush was swarmed by crazy flies, or wild bees, not honey bees or bumble bees, just something.  They were flying crazy.  However, strange as is, stranger is that they just fly around the bush, nothing on the blooming flowers!!  You can hear the buzzing, but no fly or wild bees stepped on the flower and suck the honey??  And why is there no honey bees or bumble bees?   There are a lot of honey and bumble bees when my crap apple tree was flowering just a week ago...  

Then I noticed something horrible.  There're a lot of aphids on the bush!!  But the bush would look withered when there're lots of aphids!  The bush looked great.  The only thing I could think of is that aphids just found the bush?  So weird...  And is it the reason why flies and bees do not want to land on the flowers??  


-------------------------------------------------


I was walking around, I never noticed so many trees dying.  I mean it's quite deep into the spring time.  Maybe I just started notice the dying and dead tree in spring time?  So many of them are dying or dead.  Pine trees are particularly noticeable.  Some trees grow leaves, but I can see the thinning of leaves on the branches.  And for some reason, also noted by my mother in the past months, some new leaves looked yellow, not the usual spring young yellow, but almost fall like.  

It's a very scary sight...  


--------------------------------------------------

No comments: