Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Tree company ruined front yard

    My neighbor hired a company(East Coast Tree Remove company) to cut trees in his back yard.  They came yesterday with a huge cram and biggest wood chipper I've ever seen.  They occupied the whole street.  It was loud and dusty  When I came home, I saw them setup right in front of my house, they even blocked my drive way.  I had to park in four houses down.  Anyway, they made a huge mess.  My front yard was totally ruined by them.  Because when the cram brought those huge tree trunks to the streets they swung wildly in my yard.  It's not just once, or twice, they consistently hit my dahlia again and again, my sedum on one side was ruined as well.  And my lamp post was hit, the light fixture was completely knocked off, the post loosened.  And the trunks hit my wall so many times and left tree tunk's marks.  They came at 7 am in the morning and worked around 8.  I was at Mao's at 6, Mom called me saying that she cannot get online.  Then around 8, she called again saying that all the neighbors were outside, and she had not electricity so she stepped out to see what's going on.  Nick, my neighbor saw her and yelled don't come out!  There's live wire  in front of our house.  I heard from a neighbor saying when he came home last night, there're police cars, fire trucks, and national grid trucks everywhere.   Mom said she cannot get online either.  When I got home last night, the electricity was back, but no internet.  There's one cable lying on my drive way, which I guessed is the internet cable.  Mom said the neighbor who hired the company came by to say he will take care of the mess.  I called the internet company, they said they already had an appointment scheduled for tomorrow at 12-2pm.  

    I got up to take lots of pictures on the damage next morning.  And after talking to my sister on the phone, I went and tried to address my concern about the damages.  John was not in, her wife Denise told me John will give me a call, which he did.  And by noon time, the cable guy came and put up a new wire.  But frankly that cable guy sucks, because he did not even take the downed cable off my property!  The tree company had a guy came over trying to fix the light fixture, helped me to take the damaged internet cable off my property.  But the light fixture he bought was damaged, so he left to get a new one.  Then the other guy from the company showed up, I feel like I saw the guy before, he was in the tree cutting crew yesterday, but I am not sure.  Mom was adamant on seeing him fix the lamp and to make sure the lamp is not wobbly.  The road in front of us was ruined.  She made sure he fixed it.  But she is not satisfied with the repair job at all.  But most of all, our dahlia was so ruined.  She was mad, and wanted to ask for money.  The guy kept saying these are perennials, they will grow back.  And  I was so naïve and said I was going to save the bulbs anyway.  So the guy basically left without doing anything for the flowers.  Later, when I was accessing the damage, I truly regretted for what I said.  We should ask for dollar repayment.  There's no way that company should come and ruined a patch my yard and left not scathed!  And in the morning, my house was filled with spider webs.  I bet it's from the trees that got cut down.  They must have left us with lots of insets and bugs in my yard.    

    
    After the guy left, my mom and I went out for a walk.  We were checking the condition of the road surface and saw a lot of gouges on the road.  We talked to Nick for a while, his wife Sandy said she even called police when she saw the cram in the morning.  Nick also mentioned that the company got be able to handle these damages with their own insurance.  My mom thought it's absolutely crucial to show and talk to John.  So we immediately went and talk to him.  We showed him the gouges and ruined dahlias.  He said he will call the Andover Town about the road.  And he will tell his landscape company to take a look at our yard.  And he will talk to the company again.  But he is very focused on the trees in his backyard.  Because apparently the cop came last night to stop the operation.  John still got a big trunk half cut in his back yard.  And he is even more concerned about two dead trees behind his house though they are not in his property, one belonged to Emily, the other one is Ryan, another neighbor on the Howell drive.   

And I have to say, the attitude of the company was horrendous.  I called the company to lodge a complain, when I mentioned I was almost hit, in fact I was hit by the tree trunk twice while I was in my yard.  The first time I was a bit close to the road, about 6 feet.  The second time I was 5 feet in front of my front door, after they've already broke my lamp post.  The lady on the phone was laughing, saying I should not be there when the tree crew were working.  I feel the company was assholes from top to bottom.  I cannot stand 5 feet away from my front door?  How close was their chance to hit my house?  

No comments: