Tuesday, October 09, 2012

movie afterthoughts

wind chill: 

The first time I watched this movie was probably two years ago.  I watched again about a week ago.  I still like it quite a bit.  It's about two college students going home before Christmas and was haunted by ghost on the road.  The interaction between the two students, one boy, another girl, somehow really intrigued me.  It was endearing to me very much.  The ghost story part did not carry much weight as a whole, but it served its purpose in my opinion.  That purpose was to put these two college students strained on the road deep in the blizzard. 


-----------


prometheus:

I used to watch Alien and Aliens a lot.  But since I read the movie info from Wiki, I decided against watching the movies.  For I was ghasted by their concept.  I did agree though, it's one of the best scary movies.  However, I still want to see Prometheus, it's Ridley's prequel of Alien.  I think the movie itself was wonderful.  Ridley's brought some very interesting visuals on the screen.  The concept was quite interesting itself as well.  But there're just so many similarities between Alien and Prometheus.  And I think there were more plot holes and murky spots in the story line.   This is a bit of let down.  But two and half actors in the movie were really quite wonderful, Noomi Rapace, Michael Fassbender, and half of Charlize Theron.  I think there were more actors, so Noomi's character could not be on display fully.  But when the situation called, Noomi shined.  Mr. Fassbender's character was probably the most complete in the movie.  He utilized it well, executed in cool and controlled manner, which really gave me a chill.  And yet, it's still hard to point evil at him whole heartedly.  Half of Charlize Theron, because her plot in the movie was best a Vase.  But she's such a commanding actress, I thought her action in the movie was inconsequential, and yet, I can feel her presence. 


No comments: