Thursday, September 03, 2009

playing with cat?

when my cats first arrived, i played with them constantly. but now i did not play with them as often as i used to. i started to ask why is that? i love to play with my cats just as they were still new to this family. i knew that because when i played with them, it still gave me such a delight and excitement like always. i wonder if it's because of toys. i exhausted most of the toys i bought from stores. i kept thinking of making some toys myself with the resources on hand. however, i was lazy and lacking ideas. i bought some new toys from stores eventually. i played with them for sometimes, then i cut my time to play with them once more. i felt the toys were easily destroyed by them. i do not make money myself. so i hesitated to buy toys. but on the other hand, i have to play with my cats. i need to find a means to play with them. if i did not have toys to play with them, how should i entertain them?

a new light dawned on me recently. am i really entertaining them? or i used them to entertain myself? play with them can be seen as a way to distract myself. the beloved cats are like toys for me... and i need to entertain my toys with another toy... this reasoning might propel myself to buy toys for my cats, or disgusted myself. how could i see my cats as toys...?

but philosophy aside, i do need to find a way to entertain them, keep them stimulated... sleeping, napping, eating, sandboxing(toilet), will dull their minds, make them fat, and might even be dangerous to each other... the current situation just won't cut it. but it is as important that i find a way to keep myself regularly playing with them as playing with them... le sigh. i love cranberry season... cranberry is the best toy for my cats. they love to chase the berries, and the berries are safe to eat. plus, my cats enjoye eating them... i bought something i know they will be very excited about lately, a very furry toy. the only thing is they might be overly aggressive. it will be quickly destroyed. also...i still need to find a way to regularly play with them...

i'd like to build a castle for them with cardboard boxes. maybe that will stimulate myself while a great place for me to play with them as well...

No comments: