Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Quino's comics

When i was young, my mom brought me many books. For books was and still is the symbol of knowledge, knowledge of all kinds. She even brought me many picture books like comic strips from Tsai Chi Chung(蔡志忠). Few of them survived the journey when we moved to USA. When I got older, I became very fond of a series among those remaining picture books. It's called Mafalda. The author was an Argentina man, Quino is his pen name. Mafalda series was translated by San Mao(三毛). I was so fond of Mafalda, I searched internet for other things created by Quino. The result was a spectacular discovery! There are very few words in Quino's works, even less coversations, especially for the work outside of Mafalda. However, every picture brought something surprising and delightful view of the world. Quino wrote a lot of things with his pictures. Sometimes, it's about politics, sometimes, it's about humanity. No matte which subject, Quino found so many amusing ways to hone his ideas into his pcitures. I shall not describe them with the stupitidy of my pen. Here're a few of them to showcase Quino's great comics.

No comments: