Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Books afterthough

 I really went after other AllenEskens' books.  And again, in a quick succession, I finished 


The deep dark descending

The heaven may fall

The forsaken Country


It feels amazing.  I think I finished the last one about 2 weeks ago, or maybe a week ago.  

Those dark descending and forsaken country is not a mystery, they are more like a thriller, where, you know who bad guys are.  Heaven may fall has more mystery to it.  But its ending gives me such a thrilling pulsation!    The ending chapters of forsake are wonderful as well.  


The dark descending is probably the weakest one for me.  I guess I am impatient of the inevitable result.  But I do like the detective work in finding out who the killer is.  I feel the relationship between nikki and max was pretty interesting.  I feel I see reacher in max's shadow, albeit a bit tamer.  However, when the forsaken country comes along, I feel Nikki and max relationship became the weak spot in the book.  I don't feel the romance between a man and a woman, but a genuine emotion between colleagues, or even a different brother and sister relationship.  So when the FC came along, it feels awkward to me.  


I always feel that too many explanations is a waste of time.  Though I am at fault so often nowadays.  But I feel I was very wrong after I read the endings of both heaven may fall and FC.  I feel the thrills come from that readers knowing the relationship between each characters so well.  Though the authors keeps telling reader, which is moi, the relationship between each characters again and again, to the point I feel redundant.  But when the ending shows up, the weight of the situation it created is tremendous.  


I wonder if there's a chinese version of the book, or the series.  I wonder how it would come about?  


No comments: