Monday, February 07, 2022

a few quotes

I saw a quote, "Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about.  Be kind, always."  (BradMetzer)  


--------------------

DuaLipa was on ColertShow.  She asked a question to show her interview skill.  I am very impressed with the question.  That gal will be ready for anything.  And Colbert's answer was not disappointing either.  Kind of reminded me of a debate I read in the Name of the Rose, which is also about laughter.  

Question: "does your faith and your comedy ever overlap?  And does one ever win out?"

quote from the interview:

"...in the same way the sadness is like a little emotional death.   But not defeat if you can find a way to laugh about it.  Because that laughter keeps from having fear of it, and fear is the thing that keeps yuo from turning to evil devices to save you from the sadness.  As RobertHyden said, 

'we must not be frightened or cajoled 
into accepting evil as deliverance from evil.
We must go on struggling to be human(humanity, Colbert's word),
though monsters of abstraction police and threaten us."

 So if there's some relationship between my faith and my comedy, it's that no matter what happened, it's you are never defeated and you must see this in the light of eternity and find some way to love and laugh with each other." 

Since Colbert is a Christian and a catholic.  He mentioned about love and sacrifice in his religion, then he talked about death is not a defeat.  Then he mentioned one of his favorite movie is Belfast, in which sadness mingled with funny.  Then he said the above quote.  

I am struggling to say it out loud, for I am not able to really use the words I am about to say.  But it's kind uplifting.  I also see the same element in many of the movies, like 魯冰花, and 周星馳的電影。  It's a struggle to face the life, the ability to laugh about it, and keep going, is very important.  But even so, there's a choice, the thus the struggle.  


No comments: