Tuesday, July 20, 2021

游牧的土地

 Nomadland afterthought

    Just watched it on Sunday.  It was what I expected, very artsy, the whole thing is shot for very small crowd.  I am not surprised it got a lot of award.  The award and the crowd are getting very far apart, the chasm is widening.  

    I thought it a very organic pictures.  It told many stories from different people still holds up as a whole.  Quite smart in directing.  In many parts, I thought the blend of cinematography and soundtrack is not intrusive.  It could a in your face political view movie, but it is not.  I appreciated this fact.  It's reminded me a a gentle wind under a sunny sky.  

    I think this movie ask question about if human had a purpose in this life on this earth.  Is it like King Solomon said, we are just bran under the wind.  For what it's worth, it presented a group of people that seemed to be outside the rat race.  I think it painted a gentle light on them.  

    I remember my aunt used to dream of this life style, with a camper going anywhere, reading books of her delight.  

No comments: