Sunday, November 15, 2020

Some random thoughts

Just saw Abyss last night.  I did not remember I watched it until the end.  I'd watched before...  lol  

I was not impressed then, I enjoyed it a bit more.  But not the movie as a whole.  I think some of the shots were awesome, and I care about the story before the battle of deep sea explorer machines.  I found I did not care about the plot, I did not care about the characters, I did not care about the aliens.  It's pretty much a failed movie except the cinematography and some special effect.   

I always think if you cannot give a story a satisfying ending, don't give it an ending.  The ending of the movie was cheap.  And the most important thing was by the time Ed could not get back, I can already foretell what's going to happen!  What's the point?  I think the story should ended during the battle of deep sea explores machines, with warhead exploded and Alien race rose from the sea bottom and destroyed human race.  Now, that would be an awesome movie ending.


I was reading Job in the Bible.  The first chapter, first few sentences before 撒旦 talked to God.  It showed Job telling his sons to clean themselves, but afterward he himself offered the sacrifice, just in case his sons did something that might offend God.  How does this description compared to the beginning of the book?  

He is a careful man.

He is a loving father.

He is thinking of God constantly

He is fearful of offending God in anyway from himself, or from his Children.  

I want to say he does not trust his kids.  But again, I thinking it's normal.  For parents are always on the look out for his kids, right?  




No comments: