Sunday, October 09, 2016

a moment of rarity these days

1.  I went to my company's 35 year anniversary.  It's a 3 day event, from Thur to Saturday(092902016 ~ 10012016).  I did not want to go when they announced the event. But  I told my mom that I going to give my resignation after the event.  It really upset her.  So I decided I will go instead, just to show her that I would stay, while looking for other opportunity.

2.  I went to my company's 35 year anniversary last week.  I drove up to North Woodstock, NH with Grace, company rent a few units in Deer Park Resort.  I stayed in a unit with Tom Zhang, CY Chang, Angus, Vic, and Anne.  The resort was quite pretty, neatly arranged, surrounded by a river, with creeks running through. 

3.I went to my company's 35 year anniversary last week.  I prepped a coupled dishes to bring to the event.  One was 紅白蘿蔔和小黃瓜泡菜, and  the other was Vodka, soy sauce, brown sugar chicken wings(learned from Bob).  The first one was a failure at first.  I did it too late, like started on Wednesday...  So I only brought the chicken wing.  I planned banana bread as well.  However, I bought the banana too late, for the banana were not ripe enough...  lol 

4. I went to my company's 35 year anniversary last week.  The days lead up to the event, Phil and other people started to get excited.  Phil asked me once, if I was going or not, and was I excited?  I complained a little, not looking forward to the event, and pointed out that the company is not even paying us breakfast and lunch...  And on top of all these, the forecast was not favorable either!  He said I am a Debbie Downer...  lol   That was the new words I learned that day.  lol 

5. I went to my company's 35 year anniversary last week. A few weeks ago,  Sofiya invited me to her home, to see her newly finished basement.   When her husband came home, he immediately offered me alcohol drinks.  Sofiya stopped him, and I myself declined as well.  It's kind funny, how quickly Sofiya learned about me.  She's perceptive.  lol  At time of my leave, Ivan, Sofiya's hubby, asked me if I was going to the event.  I said no.  They both thought it's impossible for me not to go...  Well, they were right. 

6. I went to my company's 35 year anniversary last week.   I was planning to go to Monadnock Mountain with Mae Han on Saturday(10012016).  She was the only few in the company that's not going to the event.  She said somebody told her, She can't go with her daughter, so she decided to stay behind.  We checked the weather for that week, it did not look good, raining and cold.  We decided to forego the plan.  I felt sorry.  Because I was trying to bail on her once a couple weeks ago.  For Phil said he's trying to get everyone in the company to shoot at his gun club, hopefully the company would pay for everything.  So naturally, I was excited.  I debated with myself a 10 minutes and talked to Mae about canceling.  Well, I felt so bad though...  So at the end, I told her we will go.  But the weather melted the plan...  On top of that, it's stupid of me to think that company would pay for the expenses of gun club...  lol  Phil's wishful thinking, my greedy attempt...  le sigh.  lol

7. I went to my company's 35 year anniversary last week. Grace asked me if I was going to the event 4 days before the trip.  I wondered about her not going or not.  I thought I heard she saying not going.  But she was frustrated to hell at the time because of her flooded apartment.  It was restored to the normal just 1.5, or 2 weeks ago.  She decided to get on board.  Of course I will drive Grace. 

8. I went to my company's 35 year anniversary last week.  Jo got a bunch of stuff, and asked me if I could carry those things into the mountain.  I told her, yeah, I could carry some.  Then she asked Vic, if they could carried some as well.  Vic said, sure.  She did emphasized that people who  carried all the cooler, volleyball net, needed to be at destination early.  Well, I made it there second the last.  Vic was the last...  lol  He even got a huge speeding ticket.  le sigh,   Company colleagues chipped for the fine though.  But Jo said I will be off the logistic duty from now on.  lol  I did asked Phil and Sofiya to take part in the action...  It's just that they did not take the cooler and volleyball net setup...  lol 

9. I went to my company's 35 year anniversary last week.   It was hectic on Thursday, we were trying to ship so many things out.  And we only had half day.  Somebody needed to stay until the freight was picked up.  That was the presumption before Thursday.  It turned out to be an huge underestimation.  Because we have to ship unusually huge amount of packages through Fedex and UPS ground.  Some of them were big and heavy.  George was nominated for waiting the freight truck.  Upon hearing that he will have wait for the Fedex and UPS, which usually came after 3, he was very disappointed.  He called his wife, and probably informed his mom and mother in law.  Kate, his wife must be mad.  Vic suggested that he could dropped the packages himself to the Fedex and UPS store.  So he did not need to wait for the drivers.  He immediately put that into action.  The packages filled his car to the to and bottom, front and back.  It's lucky that he did not drive his Lexus here that day.  Anyway, he determined, probably don't matter which car it was . 

10. Vic cut my hair towards the end on Thursday.  He spent 30 minutes, he is such a perfectionist.  The hair looked nice, but it looked just like his...  lol 

11. We finally get to the resort.  For this trip, I even got a transponder for EZ pass.  I know there's toll, but I was surprised there's only 1 toll...  lol  The weather was really nice, sunny and blue sky.  When me and Grace get to there, almost everyone was there already.  The grill was firing.  People are chatting, drinking.  Young people like CJ, CY, Angus, and Harris & Mandy(Harris's girlfriend) were laughing.   Angus immediately asked Tom for the key to  rent a basketball.  Then later, we ate, some people drank.  The beef patty was nice.  Jeanie's rice was really great this time. Later, when people really started to drink, CJ and her bunch took care of the young kids, Sofia's twin, and Bella.  We stayed in the tennis court until dark.  CJ and CY's mom came playing as tennis as well.  In many ways, I felt CJ and CY are very different from their mother.  But when I saw that she wanted to play, I felt, maybe there must be some parts I did not see. 

12. On the tennis court, while running around with Sofiya's twin, Timon and Maria, and Alex's daughter, Bella.  I had interesting conversation with Bella.  I don't know what led to the subject.  But she mentioned that her father was very strict at home.  I was not surprised.  Alex seemed to be mellow at first glance.  But by these few years, I know he's quick, smart, strict, and in some ways, very direct.  He knows how to establish dominance.  But hearing from his daughter, it is very interesting.  I told her the usual, it's because her father loves her.  But deep down, I really felt a bit sorry for her.  Strict is one thing.  Everytime I saw Bella, I felt she's alone.  I know her father loves her, I can feel it.  But Alex is not a person of intimacy.  Usually, Bella's mother would provide the intimacy.  But she's gone.  A stepmom is in place, but she's young and inexperienced.  On top of that new mother got her own kid now.  I hope she'd be fine.  I really hope so.  She's smart, I can immediately see that.  I hope she will be fine. 

13. There's a lake in the resort.  When I first laid my eyes on it, I loved it.  It's a jewel in the middle of the woods.  When the night came, the night sky shone upon the lake.  You could almost see the Milky way.  I immediately decided to swim in the lake.  So the next day, I got up at 430, hoping to swim in the lake early in the morning.  But my gosh, it's cold outside.  I went out for a walk.  Those youngsters laughed when they awoke, "Jack is an old man" they said, "he got up at don't know how early, and took a walk..."  lol.  By 8.00, CJ came down from the third floor and gathered the youngsters and I to have breakfast in their unit.  They brought a feast! There's sushi, Chinese bread rolls, all kinds of berries, anyway, it was eye popping!  lol  After the breakfast, we played a table top game, Chinese one, it's called "風聲".  I was excited.  Since I did not have much experience with Chinese card games before.  Wow, it's was really hard.   Tom cannot stop asking questions,but after a few rounds, he started to get a hang of it.  I still could not.  For I feel like I could not guess who's my teammate, and who's not.  I started to draw back from the game...  lol  Anyway, after 10, I decided it's warm enough outside, all of us went to swim.  CY wanted to go with me in the lake at first.  He even did warm up with me for 10 minutes.  It's too cold...  So only I went in.  The water was still too cold.  After one lap, I had enough.  So I went to the indoor pool with other people.  Even inside, I was still shaking.  We played 騎馬打仗.  I tried to carry Harry on my should, I could not, he's too muscular...  lol  At lunch, Jeanie said she's scared that I might cramp and drown.  There's ain't no body could save me. 

14. We were playing Volleyball.  I think Jo really like to create a feeling of everybody playing together.  Volleyball was the way to go.  I was tired.  So I came into the game late.  But what a luck, the ball just past me and went into the lake.  While I was still wondering what to do.   CJ immediately took off her shoes and socks and went into the lake to get the ball.  The only thing I was thinking was why didn't I think of that...  That girl can take action quickly!  le sigh.

15. The dinner of that night was the main event.  Company hosting in a restaurant, country style restaurant.  A lot of food, all kinds of meat, except pork.  They were pretty good.  But my gosh people started to drink, especially engineers.  Before we gathered in Wayne's unit after dinner.  CJ and CY was already half drunk.

16.  Tom needed to leave after the dinner, so I drove CY, Angus, and Wayne back.  Harry was driving with his girlfriend and right in front of me.  He must have heard that I was not sure where to go.  He led me to Wayne's place and left.  I was impressed.  The last time I went to Monadnock mountain with him and CY, he helped a kid with nose bleed.  And now this voluntary lead to help his fellow men.  You gotta love that guy. 

17.  In the Wayne's unit, they started to play drinking game.  All the youngsters and Alex and John joined.  Beer was drunk like water.  Then, Phil served up tequila shots with salt on the rims and lime for the after taste.  After that it was 15 years scotch.  CJ was so drunk.  Actually, almost every youngsters were drunk, except Angus.  CJ was hugging every youngsters and try to kiss Mandy,  CY told me, CJ was not drunk; and he himself just got weak knees, that's all.  Everything's cool...  :p  In the game, John kept pushing Mandy, I though Mandy would be the first to go.  But it turned out that Harry was the first one to throw up.  Alex was very experienced, after the first throw up, he had me to dump it into toilet, otherwise, that smell alone could induce everyone to throw up.  Then CJ started to throw up.  She did so badly, but she said that it's her second time this year.  She became weak, she started to feel a bit down.  I've known she's that feeling the paintball game.  She was saying that she's missed her boyfriend.  She was saying it while Alex holding the container.  I was trying to get her hair away from the throw up.  I told her I know you missed him.  And Alex said I am going to Taiwan next week, I will tell your boyfriend.  Finally she calm down and decided to sleep on the floor in Wayne' s unit.  Everyone knows CJ's situation.  She's lying fast asleep besides Mandy, who's so drunk, started to talk randomly.  Harry was besides her, watching intently.  Then, while Alex and everyone was talking about their first drunk experience, Mandy thew up, the last one was CY, he felt something coming, went into rest room, but I have to use the toilet to flush out Mandy's dinner.  Well,CY is in the prime spot for the smell.  Anyway, CY, CJ, Harry, and Mandy slept in Wayne's unit.  I left with Angus. 

18. I did many things in this outing, that I never did before.  Like smoking Cigars, and even 麻大.  Did not feel anything though, I mean from 麻大.  Cigar burnt a little.  Did not taste good either...  This time though I did not cough.  

19. The next day, I took my early walk as usual.  I met John, he's going to get MacDonald.  I went with him, in his fancy BMW i8.  I don't even know how to open the door.  He checked the bag and receipt before he drove away from the drive through window.  It must be weird that I wrote it down here.  But it's just a reminder for myself.  Even, he, checked it.  It's a habit and I need to learn! 

20.  I went back, CY was already in the room.  CJ came down not long after I got home.  We went up for breakfast.  We were talking about going to Mt. Washington.  But it turned out that her uncle got a  cold and need to go home early. 

21. I told Jeanie what happened last night, she's all laughing.  I guess it's happened a few times to themselves as well.  It's really new to me though.  Jeanie then suggested that I and Grace to go to Mt. Washington Hotel, she said we should use valet parking, and have a lunch over there.  Although it's a 5 star hotel, it's not that expensive.  We did what she told us.  It was a very nice experience.  The hotel itself is quite impressive.  There were some real foliage around the hotel. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My mom is coming back tomorrow.  I seemed to have a moment of breaking down though.  For this reason, I am not interested to find out why.  I am only interested in find out how to avoid at all cost.   And remember it's the videos that I needed to avoid, not the action itself.  Because remember it's been 14 years.  I have a rich well inside of me.  Right now it's time to kill the stream and see if it'd dry up!
If I was alone, and in need to sleep, do not fret, but go to sleep.  let go of whatever was at hand!!!!   

This is not to say that I don't want to find out the reason.  But the reason is so illusive.  There's one thing I want to keep in mind, why is it being correct so important to me?!  I want to constantly asking, reminding myself of that question.  Don't be quick to write the answer to the stone.  But keep asking! 

No comments: