Sunday, June 14, 2015

Random blabbering(with thoughts on movie)

I was mowing the lawn yesterday.  The neighbor's dogs were barking at me.  But it was a different kind of bark.  They were more ferocious.  I guess it was because our last encounter.  It was really sad.  Hope time will soften the ferocity.  Need to find out about how to stop the bark too... 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Exodus: Gods and Kings

Before I watched the movie, I went and watched ten commandments first.  Huyin Ahyi said she even went back to read exodus in the bible.  lol

The movie was ok.  I never really like political part of Ridleyscott's movie, beginning with the gladiator, and with Exodus as well.  For in the movie, Moeses did something  that makes me feel like an 20th century person would've done.  It almost felt like another Lawrence of Arabia. 

But there are surprises in the movie.  There is "Philadelphia" in the movie.  I was expecting bitter rivalry from the start, but instead, I found love between two brothers.  It was such a contrast in the original movie.  I'd think the portrayed Rameses was a factor in it.  Every arts emits a feeling to its audience.  I could feel such a strong philadelphia towards the end of the movie, especially when Rameses ran towards Moeses even when the sea was right upon him.  I know, it is weird by calling someone who's trying to kill the other person and feel the love between the two.  But that's how I felt... 

The  contrast between the movies is mostly focused on Moeses.  At the end of the movie, I could feel how incredible Moeses was in the Ten Commandments.  But that's not how I felt for this movie.  Somehow Moeses was shrinked to something else.  The dramatic meeting between Pharaoh and Moses was reduced to an alleyway, knife wielding, assassin attempted-like scenario.  I don't know, the movie made Mosese less relevant .  But movie does make one think more clear than the ten commandments, the feeling of Moses towards Egyptians, during the plaques. 

The effect of cgi was of course pretty good.  the battlefield sequence was spectacular also.  I mean, it's Ridleyscott's movie after all. 






No comments: